Kleenoil Filtration Installation Instructions
The Kleenoil Filtration System is installed in a bypass loop. The oil is finely recycled and any water removed as the equipment operates. As a result, the oil is maintained in a clean, usable condition, dramatically extending any oil drain interval. The following procedures should be followed during installation of a Kleenoil Filtration System to any engine lubricating system or hydraulic oil circuit.
The Kleenoil Filtration System
The unit is supplied complete with the following items unless otherwise requested:
- Cast aluminum casing, lid, lid sealing ring, lid bolts, nuts, and washers. Supporting bracket complete with four bolts, washers, and two nuts.
- Cartridge already installed in the unit ready for use.
- Length of high pressure, internally braided 3/16th Gates hose. Four assorted hose connectors.
The Kleenoil Filtration System can be installed to virtually any engine or hydraulic system simply by following the six steps outlined below:
- Select a convenient place for locating the unit on the equipment.
- Rigidly install the holding bracket and bolt the unit onto the holding bracket, preferably in a vertical position.
- Select the appropriate oil pressure supply point on the engine or the hydraulic system. Remove the existing plug, and replace it with a fitting terminating with a number 4 JIC male.
- Select the appropriate oil return point on the engine or hydraulic system. Remove the existing plug, and replace it with a fitting terminating a number 4 JIC male.
- Measure and cut the lengths of hose required for both the supply and the return lines. Install the four appropriate hose end connectors to the hoses (two for each hose). Connect each hose from the Kleenoil Filtration System to the engine or hydraulic system.
- Secure and protect the hoses using plastic hose clips.
- Run the system for 15 to 20 minutes or until the oil is warm.
- Check for leaks at connection points and tighten up as necessary.
- Place hand carefully on top of the unit. If the unit is warm, it is working satisfactorily.
- If the unit is cold, the oil is not flowing as it should. Switch off the oil flow and check the connections are correct, then try again.
- Install the Kleenoil Filtration System above the static level of the oil.
- Install the unit vertically, allowing some space for removal of the cartridge.
- For engines: Oil pressure points are located along the oil gallery, oil pressure light, and around the OEM filter housing. Oil return points are located on the pan, the dipstick connection access, or on any return oil flow lines.
- For hydraulics: Do not install the Kleenoil Filtration System on a pressure line without some form of reduction valve package. The unit normally operates around 30 to 80 psi, and damage to the filter housing may occur at pressures exceeding 120 psi. First, check for cooler systems or case drains. These will allow the Kleenoil Filtration System to be installed into the oil flow without the use of reducing valve packages. Check with your operating manual if in doubt.