Kleenoil Hydraulic Kits
The Kleenoil Filtration System can be converted from a lower pressure bypass engine oil filter to a high pressure hydraulic fluid filter simply by mounting the Kleenoil Hydraulic Block to the bottom of the filter unit.
There are three ports on the valve block:
- Port 1: Low pressure output at approximately 50 PSI is normally blanked off, but may be used to supply another filter housing.
- Port 2: High pressure input up to 3000 PSI.
- Port 3: Return to hydraulic reservoir. This port is fitted with No. 6 JIC adaptors, and it is important that the return hose is of at least 3/8 bore.
Hydraulic Fluid Factoids:
- More than 70% of hydraulic failures are caused by contaminants in the fluid.
- Heavily contaminated fluid can reduce power by as much as 15-20%, slowing machine response and operation speed.
- By following a few basic tips (listed below), you can more than double the life of piston rods, seals, valves, and pumps.
- By maintaining the hydraulic fluid in "as-new" condition, you can increase ten-fold the life of the same components.
Particles Breed Particles: As it passes through a system, an abrasive particle scrapes off further particles. Larger ones join the original to create a mass of wear catalysts. Smaller ones become silt, which builds up on metal surfaces to clog oil flow and cause sticking valve components. In-line filters do not remove silt (particles below 15 micron) and do not remove water.
Benefits of Kleenoil Hydraulic Kits
- A dramatic reduction in component wear (seals, piston rods, pumps, etc).
- A reduction in the incidence of sticking and worn valve components.
- Extended life of in-line filters.
- An end to the need to change hydraulic fluids.
- Fix leaks immediately: if oil can get out, dirt can get in.
- Replace worn seals and rod wipers without delay.
- Keep fluid levels at a maximum to avoid high temperatures.
- Prevent dirt entering the system by thoroughly cleaning oil drums, keeping tight fitting covers, and using clean hoses and nozzles when transferring oil.
- Try not to disturb oil when filling. Any dirt in the drum bottom should stay there.
- Do not transfer oil with buckets or other open containers nd funnels.
- During maintenance, use caps where appropriate, clean threads and components with solvent, and thoroughly dry before returning.
- Avoid sludge being returned to the oil when removing old filters.
- Use a Kleenoil Mobile Filtration System to transfer new oil into a system.
The Kleenoil Hydraulic Unit Data Sheet
- The Kleenoil Filtration System can be fitted in bypass to hydraulic systems, compressors, or any system with oil at pressures up to 3000 PSI with the addition of the Hydraulic Pressure Reducing Valve.
- The flow through the Kleenoil Filter is controlled to approximately 4L/minute at 40 PSI. This produces a flow rate low enough to have negligible effects on most system pressures, but is high enough to ensure the oil is kept in "as new" condition.
- Filtration Level: Particulate contamination in accordance with BS 5540 Part 4: 1981 and ISO/DIS 4406 14/9, equivalent to NAS 1638 Class 6 (Hydraulic Oil Specification).
- Water Retention: To <0.025%
- Total Water Capacity of Cartridges: Heavy Duty (KF50/1878) - 0.56L; Super Duty (KF85/1888) - 1.2L.
- NAS Grade (National Aerospace Standard 1638)
- NAS Grade is a widely adopted standard to measure the contamination degree of hydraulic oil.